|Responsible to:||Deputy Camp Leader (Sub Camps)|
|Responsible for:||Coordinate a team to ensure the young volunteers, aged 14-17 years, who form the Young International Service Team have a fantastic WINGS experience.|
- WINGS 2020 Deputy Camp Leader (Sub Camps)
- Other Core WINGS 2020 Team Leaders
- All Sub Camp Team Leaders
|Role purpose and scale:||This role will involve supporting to lead the sub camp team to ensure YIST volunteers have a quality WINGS experience.|
|Key activities of the role:||You will be coordinating a team of adult volunteers to support the YIST volunteers in the following areas:|
Prior to the event
- Ensure that a good level of communication is in place so that YIST volunteers feel prepared for coming to camp. Ensure any queries are answered in a timely manner.
- Liaise with core Team Leaders to draw up volunteer roles for the YIST volunteers to undertake during their time at camp.
- Manage the YIST Facebook Group and share information with members of the group.
- Identify risks and issues at the earliest opportunity and discuss these with the Deputy Camp Leader.
At the event
- Lead the YIST adult team members to work effectively together as a team and as part of the wider camp.
- Support arrivals and departures, ensuring YIST volunteers get a good WINGS welcome and know who to turn to if they have any problems whilst at camp.
- Manage the communication of information between the Central Leadership Team and the YIST volunteers and ensure that all information is available and YIST volunteers are fully briefed.
- Manage the welfare and pastoral needs of the YIST volunteers (including own Team Members)
After the event
- Provide feedback to the Deputy Camp Leader to be collated and passed on to the next WINGS team.
Other WINGS 2020 related roles as appropriate.
- Your involvement will begin as soon as your appointment has been confirmed and will end with the delivery of the final audited accounts and closure reports.
- As well as attending the WINGS 2020 event itself, you will be expected to attend WINGS 2020 team meetings, and other meetings and events as required.
|Role requirements||By accepting this role:|
- You will be required to become a member of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS) or the World Organization of the Scout Movement (WOSM) if not already.
- You will be required to hold a current DBS Disclosure through either Girlguiding or The Scout Association UK.
The appointee must:
a) accept the values of Scouting and Guiding
b) agree not to promote any beliefs, behaviours or practices that are not compatible with the values of Scouting or Guiding
c) agree to work within the policies and rules of both Associations
d) have not been convicted of any other offence(s) or subject to disciplinary proceedings relevant to this role
|Person specification||Experience of previous large scale camps would be desirable, particularly managing a sub camp at a Guiding/Scouting event.|
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate a number of the following competencies:
- ability to lead a team
- Ability to work as part of a team, enthusiastic for any challenge
- A ‘can do’ attitude, prepared to go the extra mile for the participants
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong communication skills with both adults and young members
- Able to think creatively, adapt, reassess and solve problems leading up to and during the event
- Ability to summarise information for different audiences
- Ability to maintain independent and objective judgement
|Benefits of getting involved||There are many benefits of getting involved in WINGS 2020 as a volunteer. These will vary from volunteer to volunteer but might include:|
- Looks great on your CV
- Develop your own skills and gain valuable experience
- A great way to support Guiding and Scouting and make a difference to the young people who are attending
- Meet new people and make new friends from around the world
|Application and appointment||This information is provided at www.wings2020.org.uk|
An online application form is available at www.wings2020.org.uk. For further information email email@example.com