||YIST Team Leader
||Support the YIST Team to ensure our young volunteers, aged 14-17 years, who form the Young International Service Team (YIST) have a fantastic WINGS experience.
- YIST Team Leader
- Other YIST Team Members
- YIST volunteers
|Role purpose and scale:
||This role will involve supporting the YIST Team to ensure the YIST volunteers have all the information they need prior to camp and to help them coordinate getting to and from camp.
|Key activities of the role:
||You will support the YIST volunteers in the following areas:
Prior to the event
- Support the YIST Team Leader to ensure that a good level of communication is in place so that YIST volunteers feel prepared for coming to camp. Ensure any queries are answered in a timely manner.
- Support the Team Leader to manage the YIST Facebook Group.
- Support the YIST volunteers with organising their trip to and from camp.
- Support the YIST Team Leader in providing an offsite day off experience for all the YIST volunteers.
At the event
- Support the Team Leader with any further administration requirements.
After the event
- Provide feedback to the YIST Team Leader to be collated and passed on to the next WINGS team.
Other WINGS 2020 related roles as appropriate.
- Your involvement will begin as soon as your appointment has been confirmed and will end with the delivery of the final audited accounts and closure reports.
- The YIST Team and the YIST volunteers will arrive at camp on Friday 24th July 2020 and will need to stay at camp until Sunday 2nd August 2020.
- As well as attending the WINGS 2020 event itself, you will be expected to attend WINGS 2020 team meetings, and other meetings and events as required.
||By accepting this role:
- You will be required to become a member of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS) or the World Organization of the Scout Movement (WOSM) if not already.
- You will be required to hold a current DBS Disclosure through either Girlguiding or The Scout Association UK.
The appointee must:
a) accept the values of Scouting and Guiding
b) agree not to promote any beliefs, behaviours or practices that are not compatible with the values of Scouting or Guiding
c) agree to work within the policies and rules of both Associations
d) have not been convicted of any other offence(s) or subject to disciplinary proceedings relevant to this role
||Experience of previous large scale camps would be desirable, particularly managing a sub camp at a Guiding/Scouting event.
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate a number of the following competencies:
- Ability to lead a team
- Ability to work as part of a team, enthusiastic for any challenge
- A ‘can do’ attitude, prepared to go the extra mile for the participants
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong communication skills with both adults and young members
- Able to think creatively, adapt, reassess and solve problems leading up to and during the event
- Ability to summarise information for different audiences
- Ability to maintain independent and objective judgement
|Benefits of getting involved
||There are many benefits of getting involved in WINGS 2020 as a volunteer. These will vary from volunteer to volunteer but might include:
- Looks great on your CV
- Develop your own skills and gain valuable experience
- A great way to support Guiding and Scouting and make a difference to the young people who are attending
- Meet new people and make new friends from around the world
|Application and appointment
||This information is provided at www.wings2020.org.uk
An online application form is available at www.wings2020.org.uk. For further information email [email protected]