|Responsible to:||WINGS in a day Leader|
|Responsible for:|| Running activities for WINGS in a day participants|
|Works with:||WINGS 2020 ‘WINGS in a Day’ leader, WINGS 2020 Programme Team, WINGS 2020 Infrastructure Team|
|Role purpose and scale:|
- To be an active team member of the Programme Team
- To ensure events are run to the safety and safeguarding standards of both Scouting and Guiding.
- To lead a group of adults and young people around activities, being available to answer questions when necessary.
- Feed into programme ideas as requested.
|Key activities of the role:||Specific Responsibilities|
- Participate in team meetings in the lead up to WINGS
- Accompany a group of around 60 people around activities, ensuring both leaders and participants are enjoying themselves.
- Resolve any issues your group has during their WINGS in a day experience
- Your involvement will begin as soon as your appointment has been confirmed and will end when the WINGS 2020 camp closes.
- As well as attending the WINGS 2020 event itself, you will be expected to attend Programme Team meetings as required
|Role requirements||By accepting this role:|
- You will be required to become a member of WAGGGS or WOSM if not already.
- You will be required to hold a current DBS Disclosure through either Girlguiding or The Scout Association.
- You will be required to hold a county appointment in one of Girlguiding Royal Berkshire or Berkshire Scouts.
The appointee must:
a) accept the values of Scouting and Guiding
b) agree not to promote any beliefs, behaviours or practices that are not compatible with the values of Scouting or Guiding
c) agree to work within the polices and rules of both Associations
d) have not been convicted of any other offence(s) or subject to disciplinary proceedings relevant to this role
|Person specification||To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate a number of the following competencies:|
- Experience of working with young people and other adults
- Good organisational skills and confidence when dealing with people
- Experience of dealing with large groups of people
|Benefits of getting involved||There are many benefits of getting involved in WINGS 2020 as a volunteer. These will vary from volunteer to volunteer but might include:|
- Develop your own skills and gain valuable experience
- A great way to support Guiding and Scouting and make a difference to the young people who are attending
- Meet new people and make new friends from around the world
|Application and appointment||This information is provided at www.wings2020.org.uk|
An online application form is available at www.wings2020.org.uk.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to a telephone/skype interview
For further information email [email protected]