||Sub Camp Leader
||Supporting the and Sub Camp Leader in the development and delivery of the WINGS experience for units.
- Sub Camp Leader & Deputy Leader
- Other Sub Camp Team Members
- Units (Leaders & Participants)
|Role purpose and scale:
||This role will involve being an active member of a sub camp team to ensure unit leaders and participants have a quality WINGS experience.
|Key activities of the role:
Prior to the event
- Attendance at team meetings and working closely with the Sub Camp Leader.
- Work with other Sub Camp Team Members to put in place plans for the sub camp;
- Input your knowledge and expertise to the communications being sent to units.
At the event
- Be an active member of the sub camp team and work effectively together.
- Support arrivals and departures, ensuring units know where to pitch, can orientate themselves within the camp and assist with initial enquiries as well as helping with packing down the camp at the end of the week.
- Be the first point of contact for units for enquiries about any aspect of camp. You will hold a great deal of information but it will also be acceptable to not know the answer and need to go away and find out and get back to them!
- Raise any concerns you have during the camp with the Sub Camp Leader
- To generally be the face of WINGS 2020 to the units, keep smiling!!
After the event
- Provide feedback to the Sub Camp Leader to be collated and passed on to the next WINGS team.
- Other WINGS 2020 related roles as appropriate.
- Your involvement will begin as soon as your appointment has been confirmed and will end with the delivery of the final audited accounts and closure reports.
- As well as attending the WINGS 2020 event itself, you will be expected to attend WINGS 2020 team meetings, and other meetings as required.
- We anticipate the most time consuming part of the role will be in the 6 months prior to the event and during the WINGS week itself.
||By accepting this role:
- You will be required to become a member of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS) or the World Organization of the Scout Movement (WOSM) if not already
- You will be required to hold a current DBS Disclosure through either Girlguiding or The Scout Association UK
The appointee must:
a) accept the values of Scouting and Guiding
b) agree not to promote any beliefs, behaviours or practices that are not compatible with the values of Scouting or Guiding
c) agree to work within the policies and rules of both Associations
d) have not been convicted of any other offence(s) or subject to disciplinary proceedings relevant to this role
||Experience of previous large scale camps would be desirable, particularly being part of a sub camp at a Guiding/Scouting event.
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate a number of the following competencies:
- Ability to work as part of a team, enthusiastic for any challenge
- A ‘can do’ attitude, prepared to go the extra mile for the participants
- Good organisational skills
- Good communication skills, including ability to communicate with different audiences
|Benefits of getting involved
||There are many benefits of getting involved in WINGS 2020 as a volunteer. These will vary from volunteer to volunteer but might include:
- Looks great on your CV
- Develop your own skills and gain valuable experience
- A great way to support Guiding and Scouting and make a difference to the young people who are attending
- Meet new people and make new friends from around the world
|Application and appointment
||This information is provided at www.wings2020.org.uk
An online application form is available at www.wings2020.org.uk.
For further information email [email protected]