|Responsible to:||Head of Infrastructure/Deputy Camp Leader|
|Responsible for:||Oversight of Site Communications and IT|
|Works with:||WINGS 2020 Head of Infrastructure|
WINGS 2020 Infrastructure Team
WINGS 2020 Delivery Team
|Key activities of the role:|
- Management of secure site communications systems:
- PA System
- Communication systems between on-site locations as well as to off-site locations
- On site screen information system
- Effective Liaison with Marketing Team
- Your involvement will begin as soon as your appointment has been confirmed and will end when the WINGS 2020 camp closes. Ideally you would assist in the campsite clearance after the camp closes.
- You will need to identify the amount of time the role will take on a month to month basis between appointment and camp close
- As well as attending the WINGS 2020 event itself, you will be expected to attend Infrastructure Team meetings as required
|Role requirements||By accepting this role:|
- You will be required to become a member of WAGGGS or WOSM if not already.
- You will be required to hold a current DBS Disclosure through either Girlguiding or The Scout Association.
- You will be required to hold a county appointment in one of Girlguiding Royal Berkshire or Berkshire Scouts.
The appointee must:
a) accept the values of Scouting and Guiding
b) agree not to promote any beliefs, behaviours or practices that are not compatible with the values of Scouting or Guiding
c) agree to work within the polices and rules of both Associations
d) have not been convicted of any other offence(s) or subject to disciplinary proceedings relevant to this role
|Person specification||To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate a number of the following competencies:|
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to undertake assigned tasks within deadlines
- Able to lead a team of volunteers
- Ability to make risk based assessments
- Knowledge of the Scout Movement / Girlguiding and its operational structures
- Understanding, acceptance of fundamental values of Scouting and Girlguiding
- Experience of using Information Technology
|Benefits of getting involved||There are many benefits of getting involved in WINGS 2020 as a volunteer. These will vary from volunteer to volunteer but might include:|
- Develop your own skills and gain valuable experience
- A great way to support Guiding and Scouting and make a difference to the young people who are attending
- Meet new people and make new friends from around the world
|Application and appointment||This information is provided at www.wings2020.org.uk|
An online application form is available at www.wings2020.org.uk
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to interview at a location in Berkshire.
For further information email [email protected]