|Responsible to:||Head of Programme|
|Responsible for:|| Planning, and managing on site activities for WINGS participants|
|Works with:||WINGS 2020 Head of Programme|
WINGS 2020 Programme Team
WINGS 2020 Infrastructure Team
|Role purpose and scale:|
- To be an active team member of the Programme Team, leading On Site activities that may include Circus skills, craft, air activities, international themes, music and team sports (volleyball, 5-a-side, quick cricket),
- To define On Site activities that will be included in the programme.
- To ensure the activities are scaleable to allow around 500 simultaneous participants during the day.
- To ensure events are run to the safety and safeguarding standards of both Scouting and Guiding.
|Key activities of the role:||Specific Responsibilities|
- Plan and budget activities, locations, equipment and instructors for review by the programme team
- Subject to approval, book resources to run On Site activities
- Ensure appropriate risk assessments and instructor safeguarding checks are completed
- Conduct pre-event walkthroughs with key participants
- Deliver On Site events for the duration of WINGS2020
- Participate in regular team meetings, reporting on progress and key milestones
- Your involvement will begin as soon as your appointment has been confirmed and will end when the WINGS 2020 camp closes.
- You will need to identify the amount of time the role will take on a month to month basis between appointment and camp close
- As well as attending the WINGS 2020 event itself, you will be expected to attend Programme Team meetings as required
|Role requirements||By accepting this role:|
- You will be required to become a member of WAGGGS or WOSM if not already.
- You will be required to hold a current DBS Disclosure through either Girlguiding or The Scout Association.
- You will be required to hold a county appointment in one of Girlguiding Royal Berkshire or Berkshire Scouts.
The appointee must:
- accept the values of Scouting and Guiding
- agree not to promote any beliefs, behaviours or practices that are not compatible with the values of Scouting or Guiding
- agree to work within the polices and rules of both Associations
- have not been convicted of any other offence(s) or subject to disciplinary proceedings relevant to this role
|Person specification||To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate a number of the following competencies:|
- Experience of running On Site activities for in excess of 100 people
- Good administrator and project manager with a focus on deadlines and deliverables with excellent written skills
- Good at dealing with people
- Preferably with experience of supplier management
|Benefits of getting involved||There are many benefits of getting involved in WINGS 2020 as a volunteer. These will vary from volunteer to volunteer but might include:|
- Develop your own skills and gain valuable experience
- A great way to support Guiding and Scouting and make a difference to the young people who are attending
- Meet new people and make new friends from around the world
|Application and appointment||This information is provided at www.wings2020.org.uk|
An online application form is available at www.wings2020.org.uk.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to interview at a location in Berkshire.
For further information email [email protected]