||Deputy Camp Leader (Sub Camps)
||Leading a team to plan and deliver a successful Kids’ Club programme for children aged 0-9 years.
- WINGS 2020 Deputy Camp Leader (Sub Camps)
- Kids’ Club Team Members
|Role purpose and scale:
||This role will involve leading the Kids’ Club Team to ensure children attending can enjoy WINGS whilst their parents are volunteering.
|Key activities of the role:
Prior to the event
- Attendance at team meetings (some face to face, some electronic) and working closely with the Deputy Camp Leader and Kids’ Club Team Members.
- Manage a list of data regarding the children booking into Kids’ Club, their specific needs and days/times they will be attending.
- Work with your team to plan and prepare an age appropriate programme that meets the needs of all the children attending Kids’ Club (ages 0-9 years).
- Prepare rotas to ensure the correct ratios of staff:children are maintained at all times. We will work with EYFS ratios for 0-5 year olds and Guiding/Scouting ratios for 5-9 year olds. The rota will also need to take into account any additional needs children might have.
- Communicate with parents prior to the event to keep them up to date with the plans for their child(ren)’s childcare during WINGS 2020.
- Identify risks and issues at the earliest opportunity and discuss these with the Deputy Camp Leader to plan their resolution.
At the event
- Lead the Kids’ Club team to work effectively together as a team and as part of the wider camp.
- Manage the programme of activities for the children in your care each day.
- Manage the welfare and pastoral needs within the Kids’ Club (including own Team Members).
- To provide details back to parents of the activities their child(ren) have taken part in during the day.
- To be the first port of call for any issues or concerns raised by parents of children attending Kids’ Club.
After the event
- Provide feedback to the Deputy Camp Leader to be collated and passed on to the next WINGS team.
- Other WINGS 2020 related roles as appropriate.
- Your involvement will begin as soon as your appointment has been confirmed and will end with the delivery of the final audited accounts and closure reports.
- As well as attending the WINGS 2020 event itself, you will be expected to attend WINGS 2020 team meetings, and other meetings and events as required.
||By accepting this role:
- You will be required to become a member of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS) or the World Organization of the Scout Movement (WOSM) if not already.
- You will be required to hold a current DBS Disclosure through either Girlguiding or The Scout Association UK.
The appointee must:
a) accept the values of Scouting and Guiding
b) agree not to promote any beliefs, behaviours or practices that are not compatible with the values of Scouting or Guiding
c) agree to work within the policies and rules of both Associations
d) have not been convicted of any other offence(s) or subject to disciplinary proceedings relevant to this role
||Experience of previous large scale camps would be desirable, particularly managing a Kids’ Club at a Guiding/Scouting event. Training or experience working with children, including Early Years, is desirable.
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate a number of the following competencies:
- Ability to lead a team
- Ability to work as part of a team, enthusiastic for any challenge
- A ‘can do’ attitude, prepared to go the extra mile for the participants
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Able to think creatively, adapt, reassess and solve problems leading up to and during the event
- Ability to summarise information for different audiences
- Ability to maintain independent and objective judgement
|Benefits of getting involved
||There are many benefits of getting involved in WINGS 2020 as a volunteer. These will vary from volunteer to volunteer but might include:
- Looks great on your CV
- Develop your own skills and gain valuable experience
- A great way to support Guiding and Scouting and make a difference to the young people who are attending
- Meet new people and make new friends from around the world
|Application and appointment
||This information is provided at www.wings2020.org.uk
An online application form is available at www.wings2020.org.uk.
For further information email [email protected]