|Responsible to:||Deputy Camp Leader (Sub Camps) & International Coordinator|
|Responsible for:||Coordinating a team to develop, plann and facilitate international support for units, volunteers and core teams|
- WINGS 2020 Deputy Camp Leader (Sub Camps)
- WINGS 2020 Bookings Team
- All International Connections Team Members
- International Groups
- UK Groups wishing to pair with International Groups
|Role purpose and scale:||This role will involve supporting to lead the International Connections Team to ensure all international unit have a quality WINGS experience.|
|Key activities of the role:||You will be supporting the International Coordinator in the following areas:|
- Manage the International Connections Team to work effectively together as a team and as part of the wider camp.
- Liaising international units with UK units wishing to be paired and pass on support & guidance.
- Advise on international visas, writing letters of support, etc.
- Support units with HoHo, information about what else they might like to do during their UK visit, eg London sightseeing, etc.
- Manage the WAGGGS Registration & WOSM Registration
- Support with travel arrangements to and from the camp from the point of entry to the UK (additional cost)
If the International Coordinator were unable to fulfil their duties for any reason, then the Deputy International Coordinator would be asked to step up and take on the International Coordinator role.
- Your involvement will begin as soon as your appointment has been confirmed and will end with the delivery of the final audited accounts and closure reports.
- As well as attending the WINGS 2020 event itself, you will be expected to attend WINGS 2020 team meetings, and other meetings and events as required.
|Role requirements||By accepting this role:|
- You will be required to become a member of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS) or the World Organization of the Scout Movement (WOSM) if not already.
- You will be required to hold a current DBS Disclosure through either Girlguiding or The Scout Association UK.
The appointee must:
a) accept the values of Scouting and Guiding
b) agree not to promote any beliefs, behaviours or practices that are not compatible with the values of Scouting or Guiding
c) agree to work within the policies and rules of both Associations
d) have not been convicted of any other offence(s) or subject to disciplinary proceedings relevant to this role
|Person specification||Experience of previous large scale camps would be desirable, particularly managing a sub camp at a Guiding/Scouting event.|
|To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate a number of the following competencies:|
- Ability to lead a team
- Ability to work as part of a team, enthusiastic for any challenge
- A ‘can do’ attitude, prepared to go the extra mile for the participants
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong International knowledge
- Able to think creatively, adapt, reassess and solve problems leading up to and during the event
|Benefits of getting involved||There are many benefits of getting involved in WINGS 2020 as a volunteer. These will vary from volunteer to volunteer but might include:|
- Looks great on your CV
- Develop your own skills and gain valuable experience
- A great way to support Guiding and Scouting and make a difference to the young people who are attending
- Meet new people and make new friends from around the world
|Application and appointment||This information is provided at www.wings2020.org.uk|
An online application form is available at www.wings2020.org.uk. For further information email firstname.lastname@example.org