||Deputy Camp Leader (Sub Camps)
||Coordinating a team to develop, plan and facilitate international support for units, volunteers and core teams
- WINGS 2020 Deputy Camp Leader (Sub Camps)
- WINGS 2020 Bookings Team
- All International Connections Team Members
- International Groups
- UK Groups wishing to pair with International Groups
|Role purpose and scale:
||This role will involve leading the International Connections Team to ensure all international unit have a quality WINGS experience.
|Key activities of the role:
- Manage the International Connections Team to work effectively together as a team and as part of the wider camp.
- Liaising international units with UK units wishing to be paired and pass on support & guidance.
- Advise on international visa, writing letters of support, etc.
- Support units with HoHo, information about what else they might like to do during their UK visit, eg London sightseeing, etc.
- Manage the WAGGGS Registration & WOSM Registration
- Support with travel arrangements to and from the camp from the point of entry to the UK (additional cost)
- Your involvement will begin as soon as your appointment has been confirmed and will end with the delivery of the final audited accounts and closure reports.
- As well as attending the WINGS 2020 event itself, you will be expected to attend WINGS 2020 team meetings, and other meetings and events as required.
||By accepting this role:
- You will be required to become a member of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS) or the World Organization of the Scout Movement (WOSM) if not already.
- You will be required to hold a current DBS Disclosure through either Girlguiding or The Scout Association UK.
The appointee must:
a) accept the values of Scouting and Guiding
b) agree not to promote any beliefs, behaviours or practices that are not compatible with the values of Scouting or Guiding
c) agree to work within the policies and rules of both Associations
d) have not been convicted of any other offence(s) or subject to disciplinary proceedings relevant to this role
||Experience of previous large scale camps would be desirable, particularly managing a sub camp at a Guiding/Scouting event.
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate a number of the following competencies: