|Responsible to:||Head of Programme|
|Responsible for:|| Delivering WINGS Inflatables programme|
|Works with:||WINGS 2020 Head of Programme|
WINGS 2020 Volunteers and suppliers
WINGS 2020 Infrastructure Team
|Role purpose and scale:||The Inflatable Zone will offer a range of inflatables. These are booked together with some supervision. The role will be working further detail with the supplier including power, site survey, access to ensure smooth implementation and delivery.|
- Contribute to the branding of the Zone to the WINGS2020 theme
- To manage the delivery of activities in their programme zone
- To recruit and train volunteers in their programme role
- To oversee the setup of their zone and liaise with the infrastructure team where needed
- To ensure events are run to the safety and safeguarding standards of both Scouting and Guiding.
|Key activities of the role:||Specific Responsibilities|
- Plan the delivery of the zone at WINGS
- Ensure appropriate risk assessments and instructor safeguarding checks are completed
- Recruit volunteers to run activities
- Conduct pre-event walkthroughs with key participants
- Deliver Zone events for the duration of WINGS2020
- Your involvement will begin as soon as your appointment has been confirmed and will end when the WINGS 2020 camp closes.
- You will need to identify the amount of time the role will take on a month to month basis between appointment and camp close
- As well as attending the WINGS 2020 event itself, you will be expected to attend Programme Team meetings as required
|Role requirements||By accepting this role:|
- You will be required to become a member of WAGGGS or WOSM if not already.
- You will be required to hold a current DBS Disclosure through either Girlguiding or The Scout Association.
- You will be required to hold a county appointment in one of Girlguiding Royal Berkshire or Berkshire Scouts.
The appointee must:
a) accept the values of Scouting and Guiding
b) agree not to promote any beliefs, behaviours or practices that are not compatible with the values of Scouting or Guiding
c) agree to work within the polices and rules of both Associations
d) have not been convicted of any other offence(s) or subject to disciplinary proceedings relevant to this role
|Person specification||To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate some of the following competencies:|
- Experience of running activities for in excess of 100 people
- Be good at thinking on your feet, a fixer
- Good at dealing with people
|Benefits of getting involved||There are many benefits of getting involved in WINGS 2020 as a volunteer. These will vary from volunteer to volunteer but might include:|
- Develop your own skills and gain valuable experience
- A great way to support Guiding and Scouting and make a difference to the young people who are attending
- Meet new people and make new friends from around the world
|Application and appointment||This information is provided at www.wings2020.org.uk|
An online application form is available at www.wings2020.org.uk.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to interview face to face or by phone.
For further information email [email protected]