|Responsible to:||Head of Marketing and IT|
|Responsible for:||To design and manage a memorable, creative and exciting opening and closing event.|
|Works with:||WINGS 2020 Head of Marketing and IT|
WINGS 2020 Head of Site Services
WINGS 2020 Head of Stage
|Role purpose and scale:||To be responsible for the planning, production and delivery of the WINGS 2020 opening and closing ceremony|
|Key activities of the role:||Specific Responsibilities:|
- Design and development of a ceremonies plan
- Engagement with relevant internal and external stakeholders for the service delivery of the ceremonies
- Monitor and report progress on the performance of your activities (the Head of Marketing will work with you to identify measurement)
- Provide on-site management of the delivery of the ceremonies
- Your involvement will begin as soon as your appointment has been confirmed and will end with the delivery of the final audited accounts and closure reports.
- As well as attending the WINGS 2020 event itself, you will be expected to attend (in person or virtually) marketing meetings, and other meetings and events as required.
|Role requirements||By accepting this role:|
- You will be required to become a member of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS) or the World Organization of the Scout Movement (WOSM) if not already.
- You will be required to hold a current DBS Disclosure through either Girlguiding UK or The Scout Association UK.
The appointee must:
a) accept the values of Scouting and Guiding
b) agree not to promote any beliefs, behaviours or practices that are not compatible with the values of Scouting or Guiding
c) agree to work within the policies and rules of both Associations
d) have not been convicted of any other offence(s) or subject to disciplinary proceedings relevant to this role
|Person specification||To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate the following competencies:|
- Experience of project or event management
- Good time keeping skills and experience of working to a deadline
- Ability to think creatively, with an understanding of what will engage young people in both the Scouting and Guiding community
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience of delivering other similar events is desirable, but by no means a must.
|Why take on the role?|
- Opportunity to be part of one of the largest international Guide and Scout camps in the UK
- Helps further build and develop your CV
- Opportunity to learn new skills
- Collaborate with a team of people who are highly motivated and excited about creating fun, exciting and adventurous experiences for young people (and older ones too…)
|Application and appointment||This information is provided at www.wings2020.org.uk|
An online application form is available at www.wings2020.org.uk.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to interview at a location in Berkshire or virtually via skype.
For further information email [email protected]