||To prepare the monthly accounts and perform the bookkeeping for WINGS 2021 using the Xero accounting system.
||WINGS 2021 Finance Team
WINGS 2021 Booking administration team
WINGS 2021 Delivery Team
|Role purpose and scale:
- To be responsible for the timely and accurate accounting of all income and expenses for WINGS 2021 using the Xero accounting system.
- To maintain records of all financial transactions for WINGS 2021 by establishing accounts; posting transactions; ensure legal requirements compliance
- Expected cashflows of c. £2m over the course of the event. Around 3k – 4k transactions, the majority of which will take place in the 6-9 months leading up to the event.
|Key activities of the role:
- Manage the Xero accounting system to account for financial transactions by maintaining the chart of accounts.
- Monitor compliance of the WINGS 2021 leadership team to the finance policies and procedures.
- Maintains books of accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
- Ensuring monthly bank reconciliations are completed on a timely basis.
- Maintain historical records by filing paperwork and documents to support all transactions.
- Attendance at regular meetings and working closely with the Finance Team and other WINGS DLT members as required
- Other Finance related roles as appropriate
- Your involvement will begin as soon as your appointment has been confirmed and will end with the delivery of the final audited accounts and closure reports.
- The majority of the financial transactions will take place in the final six to nine months leading up to the event in August 2021.
- As well as attending the WINGS 2021 event itself, you will be expected to attend Finance team meetings, and other meetings and events as required.
||By accepting this role:
- You will be required to become a member of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS) or the World Organization of the Scout Movement (WOSM) if not already.
- You will be required to hold a current DBS Disclosure through either Girlguiding UK or The Scout Association UK.
The appointee must:
a) accept the values of Scouting and Guiding
b) agree not to promote any beliefs, behaviours or practices that are not compatible with the values of Scouting or Guiding
c) agree to work within the policies and rules of both Associations
d) have not been convicted of any other offence(s) or subject to disciplinary proceedings relevant to this role
||To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate a number of the following competencies:
- Proven experience in acting as a book-keeper for a small / medium organisation.
- Good proficiency in MS Office (Word and Excel, in particular).
- Experience in the use of accounting software (e.g. Xero, Quickbooks etc)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
|Application and appointment
||This information is provided at www.wings2021.org.uk
An online application form is available at www.wings2021.org.uk. Applications must be received by 2nd October 2020
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to interview during the week of 5th October 2020 on Zoom/TEAMS.
For further information email [email protected]