||Head of Explorer and Ranger experience
||Support the day to day running Explorer/ Ranger only area, supporting the Head of Explorer & Ranger experience with the delivery of activities within the Explorer/ Ranger only area
- Head of Explorer and Ranger Experience
|Role purpose and scale:
- To be an active team member of the Explorer & Ranger experience team
- To be able to work with small and large groups of participants
- To assist with making sure events are run to the safety and safeguarding standards of both Scouting and Guiding
|Key activities of the role:
- Assist with the delivery on the Explorer Ranger experience events for the duration of WINGS2020
- Setting up activities during the week within the Explorer/ Ranger only area
- Monitoring the Explorer/ Ranger only area in regards to who has access to the area (not allowing entry to scouts of guides)
- To get involved with activities to encourage participation from Explorers and Rangers.
- Be available for the duration of WINGS 2020 event
- Ideally be available for a few days either side of the WINGS 2020 event to assist with packing up of the Explorer and Ranger experience area
||By accepting this role:
- You will be required to become a member of WAGGGS or WOSM if not already.
- You will be required to hold a current DBS Disclosure through either Girlguiding or The Scout Association.
- You will be required to hold a county appointment in one of Girlguiding Royal Berkshire or Berkshire Scouts.
The appointee must:
- accept the values of Scouting and Guiding
- agree not to promote any beliefs, behaviors or practices that are not compatible with the values of Scouting or Guiding
- agree to work within the policies and rules of both Associations
- have not been convicted of any other offence(s) or subject to disciplinary proceedings relevant to this role
||To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate a number of the following competencies:
- To be able to work effectively as part of the Explorer & Ranger experience team to deliver a high level quality experience for Explorers and Rangers.
- To be able to work on your own Initiative to engage and encourage participation of Explorers and Rangers.
- Have exspirance with working/ volterrning with Explorers and Rangers age range.
|Benefits of getting involved
||There are many benefits of getting involved in WINGS 2020 as a volunteer. These will vary from volunteer to volunteer but might include:
- Looks great on your CV
- Develop your own skills and gain valuable experience
- A great way to support Guiding and Scouting and make a difference to the young people who are attending
- Meet new people and make new friends from around the world
|Application and appointment
||This information is provided at www.wings2020.org.uk
An online application form is available at www.wings2020.org.uk.
For further information email [email protected]ings2020.org.uk