||Evening Ents Team Leader
||Responsible for providing entertainment and activities for the volunteers during their off duty time at WINGS 2020.
- WINGS 2020 Deputy Camp Leader (Sub Camps)
- Evening Ents Team Leader
- Evening Ents Team Members
|Role purpose and scale:
||This role will involve supporting to lead the Evening Ents team to ensure volunteers have a quality WINGS experience.
|Key activities of the role:
||You will be supporting the Evening Ents Team Leader to develop, plan and facilitate a programme of evening activities & entertainment for the volunteers by:
- Providing a varied programme of activities and entertainment to allow volunteers a choice in their off duty time. This will include late night working
- Manage the Adult Ents team to work effectively together as a team and as part of the wider camp.
- Establish a way of communicating the entertainment and activities available to the volunteers prior to and during the camp.
- Other WINGS 2020 related roles as appropriate.
- Your involvement will begin as soon as your appointment has been confirmed and will end with the delivery of the final audited accounts and closure reports.
- As well as attending the WINGS 2020 event itself, you will be expected to attend WINGS 2020 team meetings, and other meetings and events as required.
||By accepting this role:
- You will be required to become a member of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS) or the World Organization of the Scout Movement (WOSM) if not already.
- You will be required to hold a current DBS Disclosure through either Girlguiding or The Scout Association UK.
The appointee must:
a) accept the values of Scouting and Guiding
b) agree not to promote any beliefs, behaviours or practices that are not compatible with the values of Scouting or Guiding
c) agree to work within the policies and rules of both Associations
d) have not been convicted of any other offence(s) or subject to disciplinary proceedings relevant to this role
||Experience of previous large scale camps would be desirable, particularly managing a sub camp at a Guiding/Scouting event.
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate a number of the following competencies:
- Ability to lead a team
- Ability to work as part of a team, enthusiastic for any challenge
- A ‘can do’ attitude, prepared to go the extra mile for the participants
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Able to think creatively, adapt, reassess and solve problems leading up to and during the event
- Ability to summarise information for different audiences
- Ability to maintain independent and objective judgement
|Benefits of getting involved
||There are many benefits of getting involved in WINGS 2020 as a volunteer. These will vary from volunteer to volunteer but might include:
- Looks great on your CV
- Develop your own skills and gain valuable experience
- A great way to support Guiding and Scouting and make a difference to the young people who are attending
- Meet new people and make new friends from around the world
|Application and appointment
||This information is provided at www.wings2020.org.uk
An online application form is available at www.wings2020.org.uk.
For further information email [email protected]