|Responsible to:||Deputy Camp Leader (Sub Camps) & Sub Camp Leader|
|Responsible for:||Deputising to the Sub Camp Leader who is responsible for one of the sub camps at WINGS 2020. Supporting the Sub Camp Leader and Deputy Camp|
Leader in the development and delivery of the WINGS experience for units.
- WINGS 2020 Deputy Camp Leader (Sub Camps)
- All WINGS 2020 Sub Camp Leaders
- Other WINGS 2020 Sub Camp Deputy Leaders
- Sub Camp Team Members
|Role purpose and scale:||This role will involve supporting to lead the sub camp team to ensure unit leaders and participants have a quality WINGS experience.|
|Key activities of the role:||You will be supporting the Sub Camp Leader in the following areas:|
Prior to the event
- Attendance at team meetings (some face to face, some electronic) and working closely with the Deputy Camp Leader and other Sub Camp Leaders.
- Work with other Sub Camp Leaders to maintain consistent communication to unit leaders;
- Liaise with other Sub Camp Leaders and the Marketing & IT Team to submit requirements to be input into the communications plan and ensure the information is provided by deadlines given.
- Manage the sub camp’s Facebook Group and share information with members of the group.
- Identify risks and issues at the earliest opportunity and discuss these with the Deputy Camp Leader and other Sub Camp Leaders to plan their resolution.
At the event
- Lead the sub camp team to work effectively together as a team and as part of the wider camp.
- Support arrivals and departures, ensuring units know where to pitch, can orientate themselves within the camp and assist with initial enquiries as well as helping with packing down the camp at the end of the week.
- Manage the communication of information between the Central Leadership Team and the Sub Camp Team Members and ensure that all information is available and Team Members are fully briefed.
- Manage the welfare and pastoral needs of the sub camp(includ ing own Team Members)
- To run daily sub camp meetings with the unit leaders on the sub camp
- To be the first port of call for any issues or concerns raised by unit leaders or participants
After the event
- Provide feedback to the Deputy Camp Leader to be collated and passed on to the next WINGS team.
- Other WINGS 2020 related roles as appropriate.
|If a Sub Camp Leader were unable to fulfil their duties for any reason, then the Deputy would be asked to step up and take on the Sub Camp Leader role.|
- Your involvement will begin as soon as your appointment has been confirmed and will end with the delivery of the final audited accounts and closure reports.
- As well as attending the WINGS 2020 event itself, you will be expected to attend WINGS 2020 team meetings, and other meetings and events as required.
|Role requirements||By accepting this role:|
- You will be required to become a member of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS) or the World Organization of the Scout Movement (WOSM) if not already.
- You will be required to hold a current DBS Disclosure through either Girlguiding or The Scout Association UK.
The appointee must:
a) accept the values of Scouting and Guiding
b) agree not to promote any beliefs, behaviours or practices that are not compatible with the values of Scouting or Guiding
c) agree to work within the policies and rules of both Associations
d) have not been convicted of any other offence(s) or subject to disciplinary proceedings relevant to this role
|Person specification||Experience of previous large scale camps would be desirable, particularly managing a sub camp at a Guiding/Scouting event.|
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate a number of the following competencies:
- Ability to lead a team
- Ability to work as part of a team, enthusiastic for any challenge
- A ‘can do’ attitude, prepared to go the extra mile for the participants
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Able to think creatively, adapt, reassess and solve problems leading up to and during the event
- Ability to summarise information for different audiences
- Ability to maintain independent and objective judgement
|Benefits of getting involved||There are many benefits of getting involved in WINGS 2020 as a volunteer. These will vary from volunteer to volunteer but might include:|
- Looks great on your CV
- Develop your own skills and gain valuable experience
- A great way to support Guiding and Scouting and make a difference to the young people who are attending
- Meet new people and make new friends from around the world
|Application and appointment||This information is provided at www.wings2020.org.uk|
An online application form is available at www.wings2020.org.uk.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to interview at a location in Berkshire.
For further information email [email protected]