|Responsible to: ||Deputy Camp Leader |
|Responsible for: ||Responsible for the administration of all participant, leader and staff bookings including the invoicing for fees. |
|Works with: ||WINGS 2020 Bookings Team Leader |
|Role purpose and scale: ||To be an active team member of the Bookings Team who as a whole will: |
- To be responsible for working with the Marketing and IT team to ensure we have a robust booking system in place for units and volunteers wishing to come to WINGS 2010.
- To maintain records of all incoming financial transactions for WINGS 2020 in the Zero accounting system, including issuing of invoices.
- This role will involve leading a team to support bookings from units and volunteers prior to WINGS 2020 as well as the smooth arrivals process at the event.
|Key activities of the role: ||Specific Responsibilities: |
- Attendance at regular Bookings Team meetings.
- Offering any advice or experience to the Team Leader relevant to scoping the data requirements.
- Support the maintenance of the bookings made through the data management system, raising invoices to units and volunteers using the Xero accounting system.
- Support with enquiries from units or volunteers in relation to their booking in a timely manner.
- Support the process of fee collection, liaising with the Finance team to ensure that overdue fees are collected.
- Support the refund of any fees as agreed appropriate by the Camp Leader / Head of Finance
- Other WINGS 2020 related roles as appropriate.
|Time Commitment |
- Your involvement will begin as soon as your appointment has been confirmed and will end when the WINGS 2020 camp closes.
- As well as attending the WINGS 2020 event itself, you will be expected to attend Bookings Team meetings as required.
|Role requirements ||By accepting this role: |
- You will be required to become a member of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS) or the World Organization of the Scout Movement (WOSM) if not already.
- You will be required to hold a current DBS Disclosure through either Girlguiding or The Scout Association UK.
The appointee must:
- accept the values of Scouting and Guiding
- agree not to promote any beliefs, behaviours or practices that are not compatible with the values of Scouting or Guiding
- agree to work within the policies and rules of both Associations
- have not been convicted of any other offence(s) or subject to disciplinary proceedings relevant to this role
|Person specification ||To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate a number of the following competencies: |
- Experience in working with data administration for small scale events / small businesses would be useful
- Highly organised and confident in dealing with high volumes of paperwork.
- Good proficiency in MS Office (Excel, in particular).
- Experience in the use of accounting software (e.g. Xero, Quickbooks etc)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
|Benefits of getting involved ||There are many benefits of getting involved in WINGS 2020 as a volunteer. These will vary from volunteer to volunteer but might include: |
- Looks great on your CV
- Develop your own skills and gain valuable experience
- A great way to support Guiding and Scouting and make a difference to the young people who are attending
- Meet new people and make new friends from around the world
|Application and appointment ||This information is provided at www.wings2020.org.uk |
An online application form is available at www.wings2020.org.uk.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to interview at a location in Berkshire.
For further information email firstname.lastname@example.org